Frequently Asked Questions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Mobile Check Deposit
Send Money Payments
ONLINE BANKING & BILL PAY
If you are viewing the "Traditional Accounts Page" please call our Customer Care center at (800) 924-4427 and our representatives will be able to get the account added to your online profile.
If you happen to be on our "Dashboard Accounts Page" you will need to configure the "My Accounts" widget by clicking on the purple gear and selecting to view the new account. You will also have to configure other widgets such as: Recent transactions; Statements; Electronic Statements; etc.
The savings may be in a dormant, or unused, state. If this is the case you will see the word dormant listed under the "Status" on the account listing page. You may have this removed by coming into the bank and making an in-person withdrawal or deposit. You may also call into our Customer Care center and make a transfer and they can fill out the necessary paperwork in order to get your account changed to active status.
At this time we only have the stop pay feature set up for paper checks. If it is an electronic form of payment such as an ACH you will have to call in to your local community bank or the Customer Care Center at (800) 924-4427. Debit card purchases cannot be stopped once preauthorized.
You can go to the bill pay tab and select "Payment Center" on the blue menu bar. Then select "Create New Payment" and fill out all the payment details and you will notice there is a frequency drop down that will allow you to set the payment up for monthly and then you can select the date each month.
MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT Watch Video
With Mobile Check Deposit from First United, you can make deposits virtually anywhere and anytime. Use your smartphone or tablet to capture a picture of the check you wish to deposit. Submit the picture to your account and you’re done. Deposits are fast, convenient, and easy with Mobile Check Deposit.
• Enjoy the convenience of making deposits 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
• Deposits received by 6 p.m. CST are processed that business day. Weekend and holiday deposits will be processed the next business day.
• Get money to your account faster. Save time and avoid trips to the bank when you use Mobile Check Deposit. Each deposit should take just a couple of minutes, depending on your connection speed.
Mobile Check Deposit for Personal Checking or Savings accounts has no fee for First United customers when depositing to their personal checking or savings account. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider. Mobile Deposit Check Fees for Business Checking or Savings accounts is a flat fee of $10.00 per month for First United customers. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider.
To use Mobile Check Deposit, you must be a current First United customer with a checking or savings account. Your deposit accounts must be in good standing, which includes very limited insufficient and returned check activity. You must also be enrolled in Online Banking.
Using your mobile device, download the First United Mobile App. As a First United customer,
• For personal checking or savings accounts no sign-up is necessary.
• For business checking or savings accounts, just complete the short application here.
Mobile Check Deposit works on most iPhone® and Android™ smartphones.
iPhone® requirements: iOS 5.0 or higher
Android™ requirements: OS 2.2 or higher
At First United, we’re dedicated to protecting your personal information. And we use a variety of technologies that include:
• Security and audit trails
• Industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol
• State-of-art 256-bit encryption
If your deposit was accepted prior to 6:00 p.m. CST, your deposit will generally be available the next business day. Deposits made after 6:00 p.m. or on weekends or holidays, are generally processed the next business day. All deposits are subject to review and funds from your deposit may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
You can use Mobile Check Deposit 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
Yes, limits are determined by the type of account you chose at First United.
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to reject:
• Folded or torn corners, front image is not legible, amounts not matching
• Routing and account numbers are unclear
• No camera on device
• Image is too dark
• Image is blurry
After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you will receive onscreen confirmation that your Mobile Check Deposit was submitted. You will also receive an email with detailed information and the status of your deposit.
After you receive confirmation that your check has been accepted for processing, mark on the check “Electronically Presented”, “VOID”, or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. Retain the check for at least 7 days calendar days. You need to maintain control over and be responsible for the check. Please store in a secure place. On rare occasions, we may ask you to provide the check to us. Please destroy check, no later than 7 days after date of deposit.
Mobile Check Deposit has a build-in duplicate detection system and will notify you if the same check is entered twice.
SEND MONEY Watch Video
Send Money is a secure online person-to-person payment service that allows you to electronically send money to virtually anyone who has an email address and a U.S. bank account. The recipient confirms the payment by providing the ‘keyword’ and their account information in a safe and confidential transmission. Send Money is much easier than digging around for a checkbook, cash, or searching for an envelope and stamps. Payments are convenient, easy, and secure with Send Money.
• Pay a friend for lunch or movie or whatever.
• Send money to kids in college.
• Give a gift to a family member or friend.
• Pay the babysitter, lawn service, house cleaner, etc.
• Enjoy the convenience of making payments 24 hours a day, even weekends and holidays.
• Payments accepted by the recipient by 2:00 p.m. CST are processed that business day. Weekend and holiday deposits will be processed the next business day.
• No need to worry about making it to an ATM or making it to the bank during banking center hours.
Send Money for Personal Checking accounts has no fee for First United customers when sending money from a personal checking account. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider.
To use Send Money, you must be a current First United customer with a personal checking account. Your accounts must be in good standing. You must also be enrolled in Online Banking with First United and have access to Online Banking through an internet browser.
Enrollment is easy! If you are an existing customer with personal online banking, you will need to add Send Money option to your online banking screen.
• Login to your Online Banking account through an internet browser.
• Click on My NetTeller.
• Click on the widget Send Money.
• You can also configure the order that your widget appears by clicking on the widget and dragging it up or down in the list.
• Save the changes to exit.
• Click on Click Here on the Send Money widget and follow the prompts to set up your profile.
• Then you are ready to make your first payment!
If you do not have Online Banking, enroll now by contacting our friendly Customer Care Center at 800-924-4427. During and after enrollment, please check your email account to make sure your Send Money notifications reach your inbox (and are not blocked or sent to your “junk mail” folder). Otherwise, you may not be able to complete enrollment and start receiving notifications about your Send Money activity.
You can use Send Money through your smart phone’s browser if you prefer. Once you have sent your first Send Money payment using Online Banking, you will be able to use Send Money via your First United Mobile App. The display on smaller smartphones (i.e. iPhone®) may hinder complete use of all functions of Send Money if you’re using the phone’s internet browser.
You can use Send Money 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
Yes, Send Money Payments will have the following limits when using the service:
• Per Payment – $2,500; or
• Not to exceed $2,500 Per Day
Lower limits may apply. You may request higher limits by calling our Customer Care Center at 800-924-4427 or visit your most convenient First United bank location.
The ‘keyword’ is a special word that only you and your payee will know. You will input the ‘keyword’ when you set up a Send Money payment. Your payee will need this word to complete the transaction.
1. Log in to Online Banking.
2. Click on the Send Money widget.
3. Click on ‘My Account’.
4. Click ‘Edit’.
5. Answer your security question.
6. Edit Mobile address.
7. Select your Service Provider
8. In ‘Mobile address’ box type your mobile phone number including area code without dashes.
9. Click Submit
Send Money uses the ACH network to send money to the recipient. Payments can take up to 3 business days for new payees. New payee setup is a one-time occurrence so subsequent payments often take less time. The sender will typically see the funds withdrawn from their account one business day before they are deposited into the account of the recipient. Remember, for the fastest service, input your payment by the 6:00pm CST cutoff time.