Faith June 08, 2015 By
Not only is the Bible an excellent source to help us be better people and guide us in making good decisions, it’s also a place where I find many scriptures and parables to help myself find balance in life. Below are a few scriptures—ones that remind us to spend life wisely and create balance among our four pillars: Faith, Financial Well-Being, Wellness, and Personal Growth.
- “For the Lord gives wisdom: From his mouth comes knowledge and understanding.” – Proverbs 2:6
- “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” – Romans 10:17
- “For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’” – Luke 14:28-30
- “For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money, and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it.” – Ecclesiastes 7:12
- “Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!” – Psalms 31:24
- “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance.” – Proverbs 1:5
- “For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” – Romans 15:4
- “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.” – 2 Timothy 3:16
Oftentimes, life is an exhausting balancing act where our success depends on how well we manage everything. But as you can see, the word of God is a powerful tool we can all use to help us find the balance we need in our lives.