First United Bank's YouFirst customized debit card service is subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions supplement, but do not replace, the terms and conditions which govern the use of your card. YouFirst debit cards are available to customers who have a First United Bank Visa® Debit Card.
- You certify that you have read and understand the Image Guidelines and that the image you submit to First United Bank for your YouFirst card complies with the Guidelines.
- A production fee of $9.95 will be deducted from the primary checking account linked to your debit card each time First United Bank issues a new YouFirst card in your name, whether for a new image or for replacement of an expired, lost, or stolen card.
- You authorize First United Bank to charge all applicable fees to the checking account associated with your YouFirst card when your card is ordered.
- In addition to your compliance of the Image Guidelines, you represent and warrant to First United Bank:
- The image you submit was created by you and you are the owner of the image, and/or you obtained express written consent from the owner of the image for you to use it on your You First card and for First United Bank to alter, copy, print distribute, prepare and use the image on your You First card;
- You have obtained the express consent of any person other than yourself who appears in the image you are submitting; and
- Use of the image will not infringe any business’ or individual’s rights, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
If First United Bank requests, before or after accepting your image, you shall provide First United Bank with reasonable proof of such ownership, written consent and/or non-infringement.
- You grant to First United Bank a perpetual, non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use the image and other data you provide to First United Bank for the purpose of providing your customized card.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold First United Bank, its affiliates, subsidiaries, its card membership organizations and its and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, members, contractors and representatives from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) that may arise from the issuance or use of your customized card with your submitted image on it, including (without limitation) any and all claims alleging trademark or copyright infringement, and/or the violation of a right of privacy or publicity or any other right.
- First United Bank’s liability hereunder is limited to refunding any fee associated with the issuance of a customized card and First United Bank is not liable to you for any loss, damage, claim, or expense whatsoever in relation to any action or omission by First United Bank in connection with the customized card service or product. First United Bank is not responsible for poor-quality images or images poorly positioned on the customized card template. Images and copies thereof will not be returned to you for any reason.
- Your YouFirst card remains the property of First United Bank. You agree to return or destroy the card immediately if asked by First United Bank for any reason, or if the account linked to your YouFirst card is closed.
- Rejected images, superseded images, and images from canceled YouFirst cards, accepted images and copies thereof, may be stored for any period of time and may be purged at any time that First United Bank may choose at its sole discretion.
- First United Bank reserves the right not to accept or use any image you submit, or to refuse to issue a YouFirst card for any reason whatsoever at First United Bank’s sole discretion.
- If a submitted image is rejected, First United Bank will notify you by email, without any obligation to justify its decision.
- If a submitted image is rejected, you can submit a new image and request a new card design. However, if you repeatedly submit images that do not follow the Image Guidelines, First United Bank reserves the right to exclude you from future use of this service.
- First United reserves the right to amend, modify, supplement, revoke, or terminate these Terms and Conditions and/or the Image Guidelines at any time, and any such change shall be binding, and your continued use of the YouFirst card constitutes your consent and ratification of any change made by First United.
- YOU AGREE TO DESTROY YOUR OLD CARD ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR NEW CARD AND HOLD FIRST UNITED BANK HARMLESS FOR ANY LOSS AS A RESULT OF NOT DOING SO.