Health and wellness March 17, 2020 By
No matter what's happening in life, it's always important that we take care of ourselves. Here are a few quick tips to help boost your immune system:
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep. Sleep deprivation increases the hormone cortisol. Prolonged elevation suppresses the immune system. Start lowering lights & creating a calm environment 90 minutes before you want to be asleep.
- Move your body 30 minutes. Try an at-home workout with the FitOn app (free) or the Nike Training App (free). If you haven’t worked out in a while, no sweat—they have short 10-15-minute workouts. YOU ARE SO CAPABLE & WORTH THE WORK!
- Breathe, meditate, do whatever you can to feel more connected to God & less stressed. Stress also raises your cortisol levels. I love the Churchome app – it’s free & there’s a 5-8 minute prayer meditation daily. I listen to it on the way to work!
- Amp up your healthy food intake! Specifically:
- Vitamin C: Oranges, Colored Peppers, Strawberries, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Kale, Kiwi & Lemons, Berries, etc. If you prefer to supplement, Viva Naturals & NOW foods are both credible brands. For kids, I recommend Nordic Naturals Vitamin C gummies.
- Vitamin D: 20 minutes outside in the sunshine (if it’s out!) & add in these foods: Salmon, Egg Yolks, Mushrooms, Canned Tuna, etc. If you prefer to supplement, Viva Naturals & NOW Foods are credible brands. For kids, I recommend Garden of Life Vitamin D3.
There is so much other goodness that you can add in like zinc, garlic, organic elderberry, echinacea, the list goes on. (Remember: there’s no magic supplement!) The best thing you can do is sleep 7-8 hours, move your body, de-stress, eat ALL the veggies and you’ll boost your immune system, while simultaneously gaining ENERGY & feeling more like YOU! You’re worth it.