Personal growth March 16, 2020 By
At First United, “life-long learning” is one of our core values. One of the best ways we can continue learning is through reading. There is a quote by Joseph Addison that says, “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” In order to continue learning, developing our individual talents, and doing what we can to reach our potential, we have to exercise our minds, too!
Each year, First United chooses a list of books for our recommended reading list that we share with all of our stakeholders. Each of the books on our lists represents one of our four pillars of Spend Life Wisely: Faith, Financial-Well Being, Personal Growth, and Health & Wellness.
Here are some books we recommend this year for each of these areas:
- “Wild at Heart” by John Eldredge
- “Not a Fan” by Kyle Idleman
- “Raising Kingdom Kids” by Tony Evans
- “Divine Direction: 7 Decisions That Will Change Your Life” by Craig Groeschel
Health & Wellness
- “52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier, Healthier You” by Brett Blumenthal
- “Younger Next Year” by Chris Crowley
- “The Seven Numbers” by Scott Conard, MD
- “Blue Zones: 9 Lessons for Living Longer” by Dan Buettner
We encourage you to grab a copy of one (or all) of these books this year and continue your learning. When we commit to being life-long learners and continue to engage in learning, we can make a greater impact on ourselves and others.